The professional and social activities of the IEEE Northern Virginia Section are coordinated by the Executive Committee whose members are elected according to the IEEE Member and Geographic Activities Operations Manual and the IEEE Northern Virginia Section Local Operating Procedures. The following is the election schedule for positions beginning January 1, 2023.
|October 3, 2022||Election Announced||An eNotice is sent to members announcing the election and calling for nominations.|
|October 31, 2022||Nominations Close||Nominations must be received by 11:59:59 pm.|
|November 8, 2022||ExCom Approves Candidate Slate||The Executive Committee reviews the list of candidates proposed by the election committee and determines the final roster.|
|November 15, 2022||Petition Candidate Deadline||Per the MGA Operations Manual, section members may add candidates to the ballot with the signature of 2% (about 68) of the voting membership.|
|November 22, 2022||Ballots Sent to Members||Members will receive electronic ballots through eNotice, even if they elect not to receive email from the section. Members must sign in to vTools with their IEEE web credentials to cast their vote. Candidate biographies and motivation statements are posted here.|
|December 10, 2022||Election Closes||Votes must be cast by 11:59:59 pm.|
|December 13, 2022||Results Announced||Winners will be notified individually, then results will be announced at the ExCom meeting and sent to all section members via eNotice.|
Nominees may run for only one position. Candidates must be:
- A Member, Senior Member, Graduate Student Member, or Life Member Grade. Student Members, Associate Members, and Affiliate Members are ineligible.
- In Good Standing: Current with dues and not found in material violation of IEEE Code of Ethics, the IEEE Constitution, IEEE, Bylaws, IEEE Policies, or Operations Manual.
- Free of any conflicts of interest.
Elected officers who develop conflicts of interest are expected to disclose them. Elected officers no longer in good standing are expected to resign. If you are interested in running or nominating someone, select one of the open positions to view the specific requirements.
- 2023 IEEE Northern Virginia Section Vice Chair – One 3-year position (Vice Chair becomes the next year’s Chair, then serves one more year as Past Chair)
- 2023 IEEE Northern Virginia Section Treasurer – One 1-year position (The Treasurer completes their annual report early the following year)
- 2023 IEEE Northern Virginia Section Secretary – One 1-year position
- 2023 IEEE Northern Virginia Director – One 1-year position
- 2023-2024 IEEE Northern Virginia Director – Four 2-year positions