Power and Energy
Welcome to IEEE Power and Energy Society Chapter
Power and Energy Society Chapter has recently been established within IEEE Susquehanna Section. The chapter’s goal will be to share technical interests within the emerging field of power and energy by offering special events, workshops, and professional networking. Please check the news tab for more information on events. More specifically, the chapter will plan on:
- Inviting fellow guest speakers from academia and industry to talk about recent advances in the power and energy fields.
- Involve IEEE student branch with the chapter to promote the power and energy society among students as future workforce of power industry
- Holding workshops and conferences to engage active researchers from academia and industry for professional networking and job opportunities
- Chapter Chair: Dr. Javad Khazaei
- April 27th meeting – 4:30pm (2 hr): Sponsored by Lehigh Valley Chapter
Co-sponsored by Susquehanna PES Chapter. Register now; limited seating.
Drones, Robots and IoT: A Data Management Opportunity for Utilities
Presentation by John D. McDonald, P.E. of GE Grid Solutions
- April 23rd meeting – 5pm (2 hr):
Even host: Susquehanna Section Chapter, PE31 & Lehigh Valley Section Chapter, PE31
Start time: 23 Apr 2021 05:00 PM
End time: 23 Apr 2021 07:00 PM
All times are US/Eastern
HYBRID ENERGY SYSTEMS OF THE FUTURE
Presentation by Dr. Jennifer King of National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- 1-April meeting – 4:30pm (2 hr): Sponsored by Lehigh Valley Chapter
Co-sponsored by Susquehanna PES Chapter.
CYBERSECURITY – REDUCING RISK EARLY IN PROTECTION & CONTROL SYSTEM DESIGN
Presentation by Dennis Gammel of Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- 26-March meeting – noon (1 hr): Sponsored by Columbus Chapter & Xuan Wu, Region 2 PES Ch. Rep.
Co-sponsored by Lehigh Valley Chapter and Susquehanna PES Chapter. Late notice: register ASAP.
PES Distinguished Lecturer Webinar: Dynamic Estimation and Control of Power Systems
Presentation by Dr. Bikash Pal, a Professor of Power Systems at Imperial College London (ICL)