Link to current job posting: https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-Harrisburg/Research-Technologist-2_REQ_0000026784-1 with the details below.
Research Technologist 2 – SSET
Penn State Harrisburg’s Electrical Engineering (EE) Program in the School of Science, Engineering, and Technology is seeking applications by individuals interested in a position of Research Technologist 2.
Primary Duties for this position include:
- Assisting in preparation of laboratories for teaching and research activities
- Managing and maintaining inventory supplies and equipment
- Maintain records of equipment, schedule and oversee the maintenance, repair, and purchase of equipment and tools, contacting appropriate parties for major repair
- Coordinating service contracts and installation of large equipment
- May assemble, test, calibrate, clean or make minor repairs to equipment
- Train users in equipment operation and research techniques, explain and demonstrate technology and equipment capabilities, operation limitations and outcomes
- Demonstrating safe operation of laboratory equipment and tools; conducting and organizing workshops for students and faculty, including PCB design and support
- Conducting tours of the laboratory facilities
- Maintaining and updating instruction videos for major equipment
- Assisting students with Capstone projects
- Recording and maintaining select Capstone Project presentations during the Capstone Design Conference
- Training student workers in addition to performance evaluation
- Assisting with other activities to support the program or SSET as assigned.
Candidates should possess knowledge of principles and practices for laboratory operations and instrumentation. Prior experience in designing, assembling and debugging electronic circuits, and 3D printing/design, in addition to excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Minimum Qualifications: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology or higher, plus 4 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Candidates should submit a web application, cover letter and resume.
Job Opening at Penn State Harrisburg
May 10, 2022
IEEE Region 2 Outstanding Section Award 2020
Congratulations to Susquehanna Section!
April 11, 2022
Congratulations to Penn State Harrisburg Electrical Engineering Program
March 15, 2022
Congratulations to Luis Carlos Torres! Past Chair Award
“It has been great opportunity and amazing experience to serve as IEEE Susquehanna Section Chair. Thank you and I wish you all the best.”
December 3, 2021
Congratulations to AB Shafaye! 2021 Organizational Supporting Friend of IEEE Member and Geographic Activities Award
September 7, 2021
Congratulations to the winning team of 2021 IEEE Susquehanna Section Capstone Competition!
Title: Automated Hydroponics Project
Institution: Elizabethtown College
Capstone Team: Alejandro Chicas, Andrew Fisher, Alexander Koontz, Donato Grimaldi, Clark Williamson
July 6, 2021
Susquehanna Section for vision, leadership, and professional support for IEEE R2 Regional Vitality Activities
January 1, 2021
Congratulations! Formation of the IEEE Susquehanna Section Computer Society Chapter
September 26, 2020
Congratulations! Formation of the IEEE Susquehanna Section Power & Energy Chapter
September 1, 2020
Tour of Simulation Center at Penn State Hershey
February 28, 2020 @ Penn State Hershey
2019 South Central PA Robotics Competition
November 16, 2019 @ Penn State Harrisburg
2019 Region 2 Committee Meeting
May 3 – 5, 2019 @ Hershey, PA
Penn State Harrisburg Student Branch @ 2019 SAC
1st Place Winners of Brown Bag II
Region 2 Exemplary Student Award
2019 Region 2 Student Activities Conference
April 5 – 7, 2019 @ West Virginia University
13th Central PA Signal Integrity Symposium
April 12, 2019 @ Penn State Harrisburg
2019 Congressional Visits Day at Capitol Hill, Washington DC
IEEE Susquehanna Section Member Visit – Senator Patrick Toomey’s Office
Contribution to the 2019 Capital Area Science & Engineering Fair
2019 Central Pennsylvania Engineers Week
John H. McCormick Educational Outreach Award: Dr. Aldo W. Morales
Contribution to Pennsylvania Engineering Foundation for the 2019 MATHCOUNTS Competition