IEEE Vehicular Technology Society
National Capital Chapter
Invites you to our monthly online meeting
Usually the second Tuesday on the months from September through May
12 PM to 1:30 PM
See Upcoming Events for latest meeting details
All are welcome to join us at our monthly meeting. The event is open to both IEEE members and non-members at no cost.
Date and Time
- Date: Usually the second Tuesday from September through May
- Time: 12:00 PM to 01:30 PM
- See Upcoming Events for details
- This is an online event.
- You will need a computer with speakers to watch the presentation. A microphone and webcam are optional but encouraged.
- Log-in details will be provided with your registration.
Registration is available online
- Use the link provided in the Upcoming Events.
- The link to the webinar will be emailed to you by 10 am on the day of the meeting.
- 12:00 pm – Social discussion
- 12:30 pm – Presentation & discussion
- 01:30 pm – Adjourn
- September 15, 2020 — Mike Barnes, Remote Testing for Transit Applications
- October 13, 2020 – Jim Matthews, Passenger Rail: An Economic Engine Running Out Of Gas
- November 17, 2020 — Ken Briers, A Canadian Rail Journey in 1974
- December 15, 2020 — Scott Becker, Pennsylvania Trolley Museum
- January 19, 2021 — Danny Plaugher, The Track to Transforming Rail in Virginia
- February 16, 2021 — Jaime McKay & Jade Clayton, Maryland Statewide Transit Plan
- March 9, 2021 — Carolyn Hayward-Williams, Positive Train Control – Lessons Learned and “What’s Next?”
- April 13, 2021 — Larry Velte, The Washington DC Trolley Story
- May 11, 2021 — David Zaidain, Transforming the Capital Region’s Rail System
Please help your VTS Chapter
If you would like to speak or have a suggested speaker, please contact Heather Roman <hroman at omni-strategy.com> or Matt Nawn <matthew.nawn at dot.gov>.