September 15, 2020 ONLINE MEETING
Remote Test Witnessing For Transit Applications
IEEE Vehicular Technology Society
National Capital Chapter
Invites you to our monthly online meeting
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 12 PM to 1:30 PM
|Mechanical Engineer & Test Engineer|
|Jacobs Engineering Group|
|Topic:||Remote Test Witnessing For Transit Applications|
|This Presentation document will be available at Presentations after the event|
Date and Time
- Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2020
- Time: 12:00 PM to 01:30 PM
- This is an online event.
- You will need a computer with speakers to watch the presentation. A microphone and webcam are optional but encouraged.
- Log in details will be provided with your registration.
Registration is available online
- Click this link ==> https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/239039
- Use the link above OR send your reservation with your name and IEEE membership status to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The link to the webinar will be emailed to you by 5:00 pm on Monday, September 14.
Witnessing of engineering and product qualification tests typically take place at remote factories and test facilities and provides project owners across different industries with the confidence and assurance that the suppliers’ test setup, execution, and results are valid and in compliance with pertinent technical and other contract requirements. For some engineering and system qualification tests, remote witnessing using live video and audio transmission can enable and allow project owners to gain an acceptable level of confidence that observed testing was performed correctly without the need for an on-site physical presence. Remote witnessing can be conducted in real-time using the latest commercial, off-the-shelf (COTS) products and instant chat and video conferencing applications, or simply by viewing the recorded footage following the test completion. This presentation discusses a remote test witnessing approach tailored for transit applications.
Mike works for Jacobs Engineering Group as a Mechanical Engineer & Test Engineer where he coordinates and supports testing of various transit vehicles and electromechanical subsystems. Mike earned a BSME from NYU Tandon School of Engineering in 2017.
Prior to joining Jacobs he completed an engineering internship at LEIF technologies where he did quality assurance engineering on electric skateboards. He also volunteers with Engineers Without Borders and the NYC Makerfaire.
- 12:00 pm – Social discussion
- 12:30 pm – Presentation & discussion
- 01:30 pm – Adjourn
- October 13 – Bruce Horowitz – Advances to Passenger Rail Transport in South Africa
- November 10 — TBD, speaker needed!
- December 8 — TBD, speaker needed!
- January 12
- February 9
- March 9
- April 13
- May 11
Meetings are generally held on the second Tuesday of each month from September through the following May. There are no meetings from June to August.