IEEE Vehicular Technology Society
National Capital Chapter
Invites you to our monthly online meeting
Usually the second Tuesday on the months from September through May
12 PM to 1:30 PM
Date and Time
- Date: Usually the second Tuesday from September through May
- Time: 12:00 PM to 01:30 PM
- This is an online event.
- You will need a computer with speakers to watch the presentation. A microphone and webcam are optional but encouraged.
- Log in details will be provided with your registration.
Registration is available online
- Click this link for March 9, 2021 only ==> https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/264414
- Use the link above OR send your reservation with your name and IEEE membership status to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The link to the webinar will be emailed to you by 10 am on the day of the meeting.
- 12:00 pm – Social discussion
- 12:30 pm – Presentation & discussion
- 01:30 pm – Adjourn
- September 15 — Mike Barnes, Remote Testing for Transit Applications
- October 13 – Jim Matthews, Passenger Rail: An Economic Engine Running Out Of Gas
- November 17 — Ken Briers, A Canadian Rail Journey in 1974
- December 15 — Scott Becker, Pennsylvania Trolley Museum
- January 19 — Danny Plaugher, The Track to Transforming Rail in Virginia
- February 16 — Jaime McKay & Jade Clayton, Maryland Statewide Transit Plan
- March 9 — Carolyn Hayward-Williams, Positive Train Control – Lessons Learned and “What’s Next?”
- April 13 — TBD
- May 11 — TBD
Meetings are generally held on the second Tuesday of each month from September through the following May. There are no meetings from June to August.
Please help your VTS Chapter
If you would like to speak or have contact information for a speaker, please contact Heather Roman <hroman at omni-strategy.com> or Matt Nawn <matthew.nawn at dot.gov>.