Why Join IEEE
IEEE is the world’s largest technical society, bringing Members access to the industry’s most essential technical Information, networking opportunities, career development tools, and many other exclusive benefits.
Use the Global Benefits Finder to uncover the IEEE member benefits that are most relevant to you.
For Those Dealing With Unemployement or Under Employment
IEEE addresses employment challenges with a range of products and services:
- IEEE Offers Reduced IEEE Membership Dues For Special Circumstances
- Employment related publications:
- IEEE Job site – locate career opportunities, includes IEEE ResumeLab and Mentor Centre
- Consultants Database – a service available for matching technical consultants with clients
- Career Alert – subscribe to a weekly email newsletter containing career advice
- IEEE e-mail alias – provides a lifelong, professionally recognized IEEE email alias; includes virus protection and spam filtering
- GoogleApps@IEEE: members gain a robust access to e-mail, calendar, and contact services, and Google Drive, Google+, and Picasa from any Internet-connected computer.
Your Dayton Section
Network and Connetions: Belong to the network of 365,000 IEEE members in 150 countries… Or simply connect with the 1000+ members in the Dayton section.
- myIEEE – members-only personalized gateway into IEEE membership resources worldwide.
- Volunteer – Build your resume and your professional network through the many professional volunteer opportunities.
- The Dayton Section is an active IEEE section and provides members and the local region with local support and access to top tier, Dayton Section-sponsored conferences, scholarships, and awards.
Technical Seminars and Tours: The Dayton Section has several active Technical Chapters providing technically relevant seminars and tours throughout the year:
- Aerospace and Electronics Systems Society;
- Antennas & Propogation Society and Microwave Theory & Techniques Society (APS/MTT);
- Computer Society;
- Power & Energy Society and Industry Applications Society and Power Electronics Society Joint Chapter (PEAL) Society (PEAL).
Professional and Academic Development: The Dayton Section is a Technology Leader supporting professional and academic development at every level:
- Professional Members: the Dayton Section has a high percentage of IEEE Fellows and Senior Members;
- Student Members: Student chapters at each ABET accredited university and college in the area;
- Pre-college: support for science fairs (Montgomery County and West District) and STEM programs.
Leverage the buying power of 365,000 members worldwide and let the membership pay for itself!
- IEEE Member Digital Library – access up to 25 articles a month from any IEEE publication or conference proceeding
- Proceedings of the IEEE – leading authoritative resource for in-depth research, tutorials, and reviews
- Insurance Services – customized selection of insurance products for the professional engineer
- Financial Services – discounts on financial services from partnering companies
- Home & Office Services – substantial discounts on products and services for home and office
- Travel Services – enhancing the travel for IEEE members and families
- ShopIEEE discounts – deep discounts on IEEE products and Conference registration
- Visit the Global Benefits Finder to view a complete list of IEEE member benefits available.