Retlif Product Safety Test Engineer
Retlif Testing Laboratories is a full-service independent testing laboratory providing regulatory compliance testing and engineering services in the areas of Product Safety, Electromagnetic Compatibility and Environmental Simulation across all industry sectors. We are currently seeking a full time Test Engineer, with a focus on Product Safety, to join our Harleysville, PA facility.
The selected candidate will be responsible for, including but not limited to:
• The oversight and performance of product safety evaluations of customers products, including but not limited to: Design review, construction review, test suite identification, test sample preparation and setup, execution of test, documentation of results of reviews and tests, customer interaction.
• Support to the sales team in order to apply appropriate test standards and provide time and cost estimates.
• Support engineering in the development of both internal and customer specific test procedures.
• Support engineering in the development of new service offerings.
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline, or equivalent education and training
• Minimum 2 years job related experience; 4 to 5 years desired.
• or field, or equivalent education and training, and 2 years job related experience.
• Excellent knowledge of product safety test equipment (such as, but not limited to, DMM, Oscilloscope, Hi-Pot, Insulation Resistance, Leakage Current and IP probes and test apparatus).
• Excellent knowledge of National and International Safety Test Standards including IEC/EN 61010, IEC/EN 60950 and IEC/EN 62368
• Excellent knowledge of the CE marking process and the requirements of the EU Low Voltage Directive.
• Knowledge of EMC Directive and associated tests desirable, but not required.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong computer and math skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds-bend, lift and twist.
• Must have a background that would permit the U.S. Department of Defense to issue a Secret Clearance, which includes US Citizenship.
Interested in a position at one of the USA’s leading independent testing laboratories? Come to us for a career, not a job. We are an equal opportunity employer. Retlif provides excellent personal growth opportunities, a professional atmosphere and comprehensive employee benefits such as:
• 401K plan
• Tuition reimbursement plans
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Paid vacations
• Paid holidays
Interested candidates may e-mail a cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.