Heraeus Electrical Engineer III
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to design electronics/electro-mechanical equipment to include, concept development, simulation, design documentation and analysis. This position has the flexibility to be in Gaithersburg, Maryland or Buford, GA but may spend time supporting either location.
The selected candidate will be responsible for, including but not limited to:
- Design electronics/electro-mechanical equipment to include, concept development, simulation, design documentation and analysis.
- Conceptualize equipment requirements and designs based on customer and sales input.
- Prepare engineering specifications and effectively communicate design and specification to sales, customer, and engineering.
- Utilize CAD and Altium PWB design tools for schematic capture and board layouts.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Conduct design reviews with internal and external teams to meet product specification and cost requirements.
- Develop project schedule for design and development.
- May provide supervision of junior engineers, technicians and other support personnel
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
- 8- 10 years of product development experience
- Proficiency using CAD and Altium PWB design tools
- Working knowledge or experience with high voltage power supply design topologies such as Switch Mode Solid-State and Ferro-Resonant
- Experience/Knowledge about RF (microwave, 2.45GHz) signal measurement and testing to determine integrity, crosstalk and coupling in a RF cavity
- SAP experience a plus
- Time Management
- Ability to apply electrical engineering fundamentals to solve complex electrical/electronic design problems
- Experience in sustaining existing products and challenges with component obsolescence or supplier quality issues
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams on complex electrical, mechanical, and optical industrial systems
- Ability to collaborate with engineers, scientists and technicians, and interacts with Strategic Procurement
- Able to work and adapt to fast-paced and changing work environment
If you want to do more than make a living, at Heraeus you can make a difference. We can provide you with the opportunity – and Open Space – where your ideas and career can grow and advance. We offer attractive compensation, top-notch benefits, and an ideal environment that supports your professional development. You can find more information at https://jobs.heraeus.com/job/Gaithersburg-Maryland-Electrical-Engineer-III-MD-20878/646331301/
Interested candidates may e-mail a cover letter with resume to Nekita.firstname.lastname@example.org.