The Senior Electrical Engineer will support substation design projects. Your main responsibilities can include creating electrical protection & control and/or physical layout design deliverables for a range of Substation projects; specifically PSE&G/Pepco/NYPA projects. A key component of your role will be to act as the teams quality lead on reviewing all design efforts to ensure it aligns with the client and Milhouse standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design to client and regulatory requirements per the direction of your Project Management team.
- Develop and maintain project documentation regarding protection and control design and construction.
- Support the development of P&C one line diagram, AC/DC schematics, control panel layout and wiring diagram, station service AC/DC distribution diagram, bill of material, cable schedule, etc.
- Lead all quality assurance efforts on behalf of the team.
- Keep Milhouse Engineering management advised of all quality.
- Schedule and budget variances in a timely manner.
- Manage project subordinates and/or other project/discipline resources to quality, schedule and budget requirements.
- Vendor drawing review and disposition.
- Maintaining project files.
- Creating and enforcing project quality plan.
- Data and document entry into various platforms.
- Assist management as directed.
Education and Experience:
- Past experience with PSEG/Pepco/NYPA standards.
- 7-8 years of protection & control / substation design engineering experience for Sr level role
- 3-4 years of protection & control / substation design engineering experience for mid level role.
- Electrical Engineering degree.
- P.E. desired.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to consistently produce high quality of work.
- Ability to consistently work independently.
- Familiarity with applicable IEE codes and standards.
- Understanding of CAD software.
- Ability to estimate, plan, and schedule substation projects.
- Ability to support proposal activities
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel as well as ACAD or Micro Station and Revit.
Why join the Power team? Here’s why:
The Power team is home to a collaborative environment that utilizes talent from all departments with Power. Just within the past year the Power team has doubled, proving that there are incredible growth opportunities available for self-starters.
Here’s a little information on Milhouse Engineering and Construction, Inc.:
Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. was founded in 2001 with the goal of building the best engineering company in the country. It was based on the belief that if we hired great people, fueled their passion while challenging them to excel, and maintained a laser focus on the needs of your clients, success would come- and so it has. Our portfolio of successful projects continues to grow, our family of highly satisfied clients continues to expand, and our staff just gets better and better.
We are a unique, Chicago-based firm whose collective passion, vision and expertise has led to phenomenal growth and being named “Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” 15 years in a row! With more than 200 talented professionals and offices across the country, Milhouse offers a dynamic work environment where there is no limit to what you can achieve if you are willing to go after it.
Our people are the cornerstone of our organization, and key to our success. Join a remarkably talented team that shares a passion for what they do and a vision for improving communities around the world through innovative engineering and construction.
For the fifteenth consecutive year, Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. has been selected as Chicago’s 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For.
Important Notice to US Applicants
Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an at-will employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
· Life Insurance
· Short Term Disability Insurance
· 401(k) Plan
· Transit Benefits Program
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Employee Education & Development Program
· Paid Holidays
· Employee Referral Program
· Wellness Program
· Employee Recognition Program
· Lunch and Learns
· Milhouse University Classes (Cross Functional Training)
· Higher Level Professional Development/Certification support
· Paid Maternity and Paternity leave (plus incentives to support you in your first year of parenthood)