JOB SUMMARY Kulicke and Soffa, is a world leader in proven, and reliable semiconductor packaging equipment. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Servo Controls Engineer within our Advanced Packaging group. The position is located in Horsham, PA.
- Analyze, design, develop, support and troubleshoot control algorithms for servo systems, environmental control systems and power electronics for semiconductor packaging equipment.
- Will be responsible for analog, digital, S-domain and Z-domain controller design with appropriate analysis, modeling and simulation.
- Practical understanding of system identification using time domain analysis and understands how to produce and use Bode and Nichols plots.
- Multidisciplinary responsibilities include plant characterization of electronics, electromagnetic devices, gear trains, and mechanical structures.
- Strong Digital signal processing with practical application such as Digital filtering including the understanding of different types of filters FIR, IIR, Butterworth, etc.
- Responsibilities also include, with the support of the engineering team, requirements definition for individual servo components (electric motors – power, speed, torque; gear trains – reduction ratios, back-lash; feedback devices – resolution, accuracy, noise,…etc). This includes supporting in-house design or locating off-the-shelf vendor components and/or helping vendors develop components to meet requirements.
- Responsible for all documentation necessary for sound engineering development (lab notebooks, test reports, trade studies, block diagrams, hand sketches, theory of operations, white papers, etc).
- Required to travel to customer facilities to provide engineering support and/or customer evaluation as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- C programming experience.
- Responsibilities also include electrical, mechanical and software test and/or test support in the lab and in the field to verify system performance and troubleshoot problems. This includes assembly, test set-up and test data collection.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- An electrical engineering PHD degree or master’s degree from an accredited institution and three or more years of experience. Substitution of equivalent engineering experience may be discussed in lieu of education.
- Experience in closed loop control analysis and design including S-domain and Z-domain controllers.
- Must have analytical and practical knowledge of electro-magnetic and mechanical devices.
- Must have some hands on hardware experience.
- Experience with analysis in MATLAB and/or other system modeling tools.
- Experience with system verification test methods (phase-gain stability determination using small signal swept sine or random noise, and large signal transient disturbances).
- Experience with state space approaches to analyzing controls problems as well as classical frequency domain methods.
- Familiarity with Linear Quadratic Regulator and Estimator approaches to quasi optimal steady state and non-steady state controls solutions.
- Familiarity with simulation techniques including the Runge-Kutta methods of non-linear simulations.
- Familiarity with assembly programming.
- Self-motivated. Completes tasks with little supervision.
- Can-do attitude that doesn’t shy away from new challenges, making adjustments and solving problems real time.
- Kulicke & Soffa is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.